The dark crevices of society are your domain. In the safety of your lair you review the bounties you have collected, considering your next target. When night falls upon the land, you will emerge.
The cityfolk have come to fear you and the silence in which you strike. With your leather gear and Sabre, you are able to maneuver in the shadows until your target is exactly where you want him. You are formidable. You are the assassin.
Epic Armoury’s Sabre is a sturdy latex-hybrid chopping blade with a protective crossguard. The sword is 60 cm long and has a 45 cm curved single-edged blade with a central ridge. The crossguard extends into a full handguard, protecting a 10 cm detailed handle painted to look like real leather with metal embellishments.
Whether you are a bandit waiting along a popular trade route or an early European soldier, this Sabre is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Considered a type of backsword with a large handguard, used in Europe since the early medieval period
- Most well documented examples were from the Hungarians during the 9th- and 10th-century
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.