2nd quality products
All of our products are handmade and hand painted in order to create the quality LARP weapons, costumes and props that is the Epic Armoury standard. However, because of their handmade nature, these items can be produced with cosmetic faults.
We DO guarantee that the product is safe to use, despite its cosmetic faults.
Epic Armoury’s Crusader Shield is a semi-curved, kite-shield inspired by 10th to 12th century Normans. This shield will fit perfectly in the hands of a crusader or other religious infantry member for Larp.
Wear the Crusader Shield left- or right-handed with the use of its versatile three leather arm straps on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Also referred to as a “kite” shield, originally from the 10th-12th centuries
- Associated with the Normans, who were the first to use this style of shield widely
- Made from non-splintering wood, such as alder, fir, poplar, or linden
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.