You hold the legendary Aether Katana in your hands, feelings its power course through your body. You had to traverse great obstacles and defeat dangerous monsters to find this weapon within the clouds–just as it was foretold.
Now that you have your treasure, you must find a way home in order to save your kingdom from peril. However, the awakening of the Aether Katana has stirred something else in the sky. You hear the loud cry of something approaching and you ready your epic blade.
Epic Armoury’s Aether Katana is a latex-hybrid longsword favoured by magic users. The sword is 100 cm from tip to pommel with a straight, single-edged blade, crafted and hand painted to look like rough hewn stone brimming with purple electric. A small oval crossguard protects the 20 cm purple handle, bound in canvas wrapped in menuki-style.
This Aether Katana is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Traditionally used by samurai of feudal Japan
- Designed to be drawn from the sheath quickly to accommodate combat that required fast response times
- Paired with a tanto or wakizashi by samurai to display social power and personal honor
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.