You glare down at your reflection, gazing into the still waters of the lake. You have traveled so far and overcome great challenges and dangerous monsters only to be thwarted by water. There, somewhere far below its surface and beyond your reach, rests the legendary Alluvium Dao.
You begin to wonder if the journey was all for nothing, when you remember some advice you once received. ‘Your will is your strongest asset,’ the elder had said. With this in mind, you begin to call for the sword and you feel something below shift.
Epic Armoury’s Alluvium Dao 100 cm is a latex-hybrid weapon inspired by the ‘General of Weapons’ – a curved sword traditional in Chinese culture. It features a single-edged blade bursting with blue, glowing power. The blade is slightly curved with a fake-edge meant to improve its piercing effectiveness, and attaches to the beautifully detailed polyurethane handle. This blue handle is shaped to look like carved stone and steel with a ring shaped pommel, matching the overall intricate design.
While Asian-inspired, the Alluvium Dao also features a high-fantasy look that can be used in alternative settings. Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Primarily used by the Chinese for slashing and chopping
- Considered one of the four traditional Chinese weapons
- Was popular with cavalry and effective at chopping and slashing
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.