Shadowed in Evil
Epic Armoury’s Black Knight Shield is a semi-curved shield inspired by the transitional heater shields of 12th century Western Europe. Its design can be used for knights or soldiers alike, just so long as they are fighting for darkness and the triumph of evil! It is handpainted with a glossy black finish and tarnished metal rim, after all. We think it’s perfect for the angsty heart of a fallen paladin.
While the design is simple, this Black Knight Shield is timeless and classic, and can fit almost any LARP character you might play. Wear this shield left- or right-handed with the use of six canvas arm straps–or enarmes–on the back, secured through canvas attached to hard EVA foam for a reliable and comfortable grip. Its slight convex shape will help in combat, and it’s 90 cm long for great protection without being too unwieldy. Keep your shield in great condition with regular latex maintenance.
A More Versatile Shield
- Similar to a kite shield, but with a flattened top and a shorter length designed for use on horse or foot
- Could be considered a heater shield, designed in Western Europe to replace the kite shield with a version that was more versatile and could be used by anyone
- Traditionally made from thin, non-splintering wood overlaid with leather–but could also be braced or made of metal
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.