There is beauty in nature, and that beauty is reflected in your father’s RFB Braided Elven Sword. With its carefully crafted handle and elegant curved blade, it cuts through the air as though magic–and you imagine it’s likely that it was forged using such spells.
Now the sword is yours, and it is always at your side. The sword is well-crafted and ready to defend against those who would defile the natural sanctum of your home.
This Ready For Battle Braided Elven Sword is a curved blade for the aspiring Elven hero or Dark Elven villain. The sword is 75 cm long from tip to pommel, with a gently curved single-edged blade. The crossguard curls back over the blade and toward the handle, shielding and protecting the hand. The handle is ergonomic, sculpted and painted to appear like intricately braided metal and wood and shaped for an optimal grip.
Ready For Battle weapons are moderately styled and cost-effective weapons that are perfect for new and young players. This particular sword is one of our hybrid models, featuring a handle cast in polyurethane foam that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating. Regardless of whether you plan on joining the light or dark side of elven society, this is an affordable and durable solution for your elven-inspired kit.
- Originally a creation of Germanic mythology and folklore
- Has been considered to be a magical creature with supernatural beauty, but this definition has varied throughout history
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century writings on the “Middle Earth Elf” has influenced how elves are seen today in the high-fantasy genre
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.