Epic Armoury’s Crusader Shield is a semi-curved, kite-shield inspired by 10th to 12th century Normans. painted to look like naural wood with a white washed cross running down the center, this shield will fit perfectly in the hands of a crusader or other religious infantry member for Larp.
Wear the Crusader Shield left- or right-handed with the use of its versatile three leather arm straps on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Also referred to as a “kite” shield, originally from the 10th-12th centuries
- Associated with the Normans, who were the first to use this style of shield widely
- Made from non-splintering wood, such as alder, fir, poplar, or linden
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.