A Strong Urge for Battle
Epic Armoury’s Red/Wood Drang Shield is a 50 cm round latex shield perfectly designed for coastal raids. Inspired by early Vikings and Saxons, this Live Action Role Play (LARP) safe shield looks just like the real thing–without hurting your costumed buddies. Featuring a realistically textured surface and hand painted finish, this shield appears to be made from wood around an iron boss. Red paint decorates half its face, purposefully faded to give it that weathered and used appearance.
Pair this Drang Shield with a Viking Axe and impress your fellow warriors on the battlefield. Its slight convex shape and iron boss on the front provides an edge in combat, and its reliable punch-grip fits comfortably in your hand thanks to its brown suede wrap and shape. Keep your shield in great condition with regular latex maintenance.
Soon available in 50 cm, 70 cm and 80 cm sizes; and in colours Wood, Green/Wood, and Red/Wood.
Used by Pre-10th Century Vikings and Saxons
- Drang is the German word for ‘urge,’ making this shield as eager for battle as your character!
- The Shield Boss–the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield–was used to deflect blows
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.