This Way Evil Comes
Epic Armoury’s Draug Sword is a long latex sword inspired by high-fantasy villains and undead creatures. The sword is 100 cm long and has a straight 74cm double-edged blade with two fullers. The 19cm wide crossguard is hand painted and textured to look like worn and chipped steel, embellished with a skeleton face cast in polyurethane foam. The matching pommel has a common ‘scent-stopper’ shape often seen throughout the middle ages. Much like a real sword, the grip also features a grooved and ergonomic shape, and is wrapped in a layer of dark leather.
Whether you are a necromancer or the dead come to life, this sword is offers incredible quality due to its durability and detail. The blade is made from EVA foam around a 10mm solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that requires little maintenance. This next generation model sword is meant to last a lot longer than a typical latex LARP weapon–all without sacrificing the aesthetic you deserve.
- Draug is the Danish word for an undead creature from Norse mythology
- The draug were said to guard treasure inside burial mounds, and were incredibly strong
- It was said that a mean or greedy person could become a draug after they died
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.