A Wand of Diligence and Valor
Epic Armoury’s Black Durentius Wand is a 36cm wand crafted from the wood of the wizened tree and the petrified claw of a rooster. The red gem embedded in the wand’s claw is said to come from the moon, deeply infused with magic. This wand belongs in the hand of the most diligent practitioners–the tenacious underdogs and the genius minds.
The Durentius Wand is made from varnished wood and polyurethane foam. The handle itself is a foam cast that slides onto a matching black stick sitting into the foam sleeve. Your hand should feel comfortable around the foam sleeve, designed to look like real notched wood wrapped in runed silver bands.
About Epic Armoury Wood Core Wands
Epic Armoury Wands are designed to be versatile and easy to use. Requiring little maintenance, these stylish wands are perfect for LARP or cosplay. The polyurethane foam grip is handpainted and highly detailed, fitting perfectly over a varnished wood wand. The wood and the grip can be separated, and can be interchanged between other Epic Armoury wood-core wands. This allows for better customization and the ability to replace a broken tip.
Inspired by House Durentius
- Durentius is a House at the College of Wizardry LARP in Poland
- Durentius’ symbol is the rooster, supposedly the animal their house founder rode to the moon and back
- Many wizards from fantasy fiction, such as in the Harry Potter series, require wands in order to perform their magic
- Magic Wands within fiction are used as tools for wizards or as powerful magic items of mass destruction
- Polyurethane wand offers a firm and ergonomic grip with no maintenance
- Polyurethane is made from a plastic that is durable and also incredibly light
- Highly detailed and hand painted design
- Durable and bendable steel core allows for the wand to be bent into different shapes
Polyurethane handle requires no maintenance. Always check the wand before use. In the unlikely chance that the steel core has somehow broken through the outer layer, please stop use.
Store your wand in a cool, dry environment.