2nd quality products
All of our products are handmade and hand painted in order to create the quality LARP weapons, costumes and props that is the Epic Armoury standard. However, because of their handmade nature, these items can be produced with cosmetic faults.
We DO guarantee that the product is safe to use, despite its cosmetic faults.
War is all that you know. For your clan, war is a permanent state of being. Just as you need meat to sustain you and leather armour to protect your leathery green skin, war keeps your thirst for chaos and violence sated.
Your clan now gathers to prepare for the war against the goblins. The creatures used to be your allies, but in the last battle they became cowardly and ran. Now there is nothing more to be done than to hunt down every one of them and serve them over your fire.
You begin by picking up your Ork Waanaz Shield.
Epic Armoury’s Ork Waanaz Shield is a rustic latex shield designed to be a part of the Orc collection. This shield is hand painted and modeled to look like planks of wood that have been fit together using rope and heavy bolts, giving it a rough look you expect from orc goods. Square shaped, it is 80 cm wide and tall.
Wear this Ork Waanaz Shield left-handed with the use of two leather arm straps on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Earliest references to orcs are found in Old English and Anglo-Saxon sources, such as in Beowulf and in 16th century Italian folktales
- The word itself stems from the Latin word Orcus, which was the name given to the Roman deity of the dead
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century The Lord of the Rings series describes orcs as brutish, aggressive beings with a taste for human flesh
- Tolkien’s writings influenced many role-playing games, and are now seen in such games as Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer and Warcraft
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.