Some consider you crazed. Perhaps you are not in your right mind, but then–who cares? No one dares to insult you to your face. You are too powerful. Too frightening.
With your Dark Elven Shadow Blade, you are a deadly and respected figure in the underground community. When you pass by, all pause and hold their breath.
Epic Armoury’s Dark Elven Shadow Blade is a latex-hybrid chopping short sword for the cruel Dark Elf or roguish villain. The sword is 60 cm long from tip to pommel, with a curved single-edged blade. The detailed crossguard features gold accents and a sculpted grip, allowing optimal maneuverability and comfort for the hand. The handle is cast and painted to look like a blackened bone, while the elegant and deadly blade is painted a metallic black.
With a dark, dangerous appearance, this Dark Elven Shadow Blade is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Inspired by the Shamshir or Scimitar weapons of the middle east
- Dark elves were first mentioned in Norse mythology as the “Dökkálfar” or “Svartálfar” written in the Prose Edda in the 13th century
- Have also been referred to as “Drow” in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, made famous by R.A. Salvatore’s The Dark Elf Trilogy
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.