A Defense from the Arrows
Epic Armoury’s Black Square Scutum Shield is a rounded square latex shield inspired by Ancient Roman soldiers. Laser-cut details and hand painted embellishments on this shield are sure to impress your fellow warriors on the battlefield. Its featured black body, aged iron rim, shield boss, and winged sigil will give you a true aesthetic edge.
Featuring a reliable and comfortable punch-grip, feel confident that this hard EVA foam and latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance. Defend against your enemies and make this Scutum Shield a part of your epic fighting style.
Inspired by Ancient Rome
- Iron rims were sometimes used as a way to reinforce the shield
- The Shield Boss–the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield–was used to deflect blows
- Scutum is the Latin term used by the Romans and means shield
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel–NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.